Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Not-snack of the month - American breakfast selection box part 1

Cathy surprised me with a selection box of American cereals and I have been munching through them. I thought I would share the enjoyment with the world.

Oh what delights await inside?




I am posting the cereal in order of consumption. I started with Trix.


Here's a picture of the fruity shapes. It's some kind of corn puff cereal. It tasted like slightly off "Fruit flavoured" sweets where they invent fruit names like "purpleberry". I have to admit it felt like I was eating something that wasn't food. 


I played it safe with the next pack.


Cheerios are Cheerios, when all is said and done. These were covered in a super-sweet very fine white dust. 


Cocoa Puffs were my next choice. All I knew about them was that people apparently go cuckoo for cocoa puffs.


Consistency-wise, they are another puffed corn cereal. They had a nice crunch to them and were mildly chocolatey. So far, this cereal was the one I would be most likely to eat again.


I decided to eat the most boring-looking cereal out of the selection box next. 


Cheerios are Cheerios and these didn't have any of the super-sweet white dust to make them more interesting.


That was me halfway through the box. I will blog the rest in Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment