Monday, January 25, 2016

Updating my list of 'five star books'

Back in January 2013 I published the list of books I'd read that I gave five stars to, that being the highest rating I give books in my notebook where I list the books I read.

Anyway, three years on, I thought it worth updating it with a list of the books I've read since then and thought worthy of five stars. All of this is quite subjective, obviously. Feel free to comment whether you agree or disagree.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne
Travels with Charley - John Steinbeck
Eleanor Rigby - Douglas Coupland
Microserfs - Douglas Coupland
Life After God - Douglas Coupland (read some quotes that stood out to me here)
Hey Nostradamus - Douglas Coupland
The Gum Thief - Douglas Coupland
Gospel of Freedom - Jonathan Rieder

Looking back through my reviews I can't believe I only gave Cannery Row by John Steinbeck four and a half stars. That book is great. I did say it was subjective! In case you think I've just gone nuts about Douglas Coupland, I have read most of his books in the past three years and there were several that I didn't rate so much, including Shampoo Planet and Girlfriend in a Coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment