Saturday, August 18, 2007

I made a girl cry

But I have no regrets. I know, I'm a mean so-and-so aren't I... Perhaps an explanation is in order.

A friend I work with told me one of the articles in the new magazine (due out any time now) made her tear up. She then told me I'd better not have made the bit up that moved her.

Obviously, I take a certain amount of journalistic offence at the accusation that I make quotes up, even though it has been known to happen in the past. But this was a 'golden quote'. You tend to get one or two in every interview. Someone says something and you just know 'that has to go in'. I knew it was gold when I scribbled it down.

So is it wrong to feel good about making someone else cry? It's cool to think I can spot a golden quote and write it up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment