Saturday, August 11, 2007

Star Wars Pocket Models

I think I might have discovered the perfect trading card game, having bought a couple of packets of these in the last week (well actually Cathy bought me one). In each pack you get six game cards, two styrene sheets of model spaceships for you to assemble (with a minimum of four ships in each pack), and the smallest dice in the world ever.

I’ve always loved stickers/trading cards ever since I was a kid. I think it’s the excitement of no knowing what you’re going to get in any given packet. I also like model kits, especially ones you can put together without too much hassle. So, I have more Kinder Surprise toys than a 31 year old should, a shelf-full of Zoids and B-Damans and a cupboard full of Lego.

But Star Wars Pocket Models ticks all the boxes. You get the mystery element, the ‘something to build and play with’ element and it’s all Star Wars themed. I’m not sure there’s any way you can improve on that really. The only downer is that it claims the game is ready to play straight off, when it blatantly isn’t. The set up guide says you need to start with thirty cards, or five packs’ worth, which is a bit naughty really.

But as the packs are only £2.99 each, I think I’ll accrue thirty cards before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment