Monday, April 19, 2021

Snack of the Month - Bamba Peanut Butter Puffs

Cathy brought these home after taking a trip to Home Bargains. I opened them to enjoy while watching the final game of the Padres home series against the Dodgers last night.


These look a bit like Wotsits. Taste nothing like them though. Cathy reckoned they tasted like dehydrated peanut butter - "it starts off like packaging, and then turns into peanut butter". 50% of their ingredients is "peanut paste", so that's probably why.


If you like the taste of peanut butter - and I do! - then you will like these. I found them very moreish and the bowlful didn't last very long, barely an innings of the game I was watching. They are filling though. I didn't feel like eating another snack afterwards so that's a point in it's favour. However, they didn't eclipse Ding Dong, which was my snack of the month in January.

Also, I thought this was a fun weird foreign snack, but it turns out the company that makes them, Osem, is wholly owned by multinational conglomerate Nestle, which puts a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment