Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Snacks of the Month - KitKat Pops and Noisy Nuts

Two snacks this month, and I haven't even got to the Christmas-themed snacks I've been saving since October. 

First up, Cathy brought me these home from one of her shopping excursions.


"Love to Share!" Hahaha. I ate the whole bag.Here is what they look like in a small snack bowl. 


They look a bit like kibble. Or maybe the droppings of a large rodent. The consistency is what you would expect from crushed wafer and crushed peanuts covered in the chocolate that normally coats a KitKat.

They were reasonably nice although they stuck in my teeth a bit. Realistically if I had a choice between these and an actual KitKat, I'd go for the KitKat.

Onto snack two, these were a discovery in Home Bargains, which is proving itself yet again a great place to find unusual snacks at a price where they are worth a punt.


These nuts are "noisy" in the sense that you are supposed to give them a really good shake to disperse the flavour through all the nuts. 

I opened the smoky bacon jalapeno flavour - although the 'bacon' was entirely artificial in this vegan snack. You can see how well I shook the bag by how well-distributed the flavour dust is across the nuts.


Despite being bacon jalapeno flavoured, and despite my high calibre flavour dust dispersal skills, these tasted mainly of peanuts. The jalapeno spicy flavour was noticeable; the 'bacon' flavour less so. In fact, I probably woudn't have picked up that they were meant to be bacon flavoured if I hadn't been promised it on the packaging. 

The packet of 'sweet Thai' flavoured Noisy Nuts is still sat in the snackbox. If I remember, I will include a review in a future Snack of the Month post.

No comments:

Post a Comment