Wednesday, August 17, 2022

When did Jaffa Cakes become a flavour?

I've documented my fondness for Jaffa Cakes on my blog before. Here's a rundown of all the different types I sampled in 2020, and here's when Jaffa Cake donuts were a Snack of the Month last year. 

The "Jaffa Cake" items in this blog post are stretching the envelope, though.


These are Jaffa Cake 'flavour' cereal bars. No cake. No jaffa either - they have 'orange flavoured fruit pieces' that are basically mashed up other fruit (mainly apple) with a tincture of orange added. 

The packaging is mildly deceptive. The bar has plenty of room to breathe in the plastic wrapper!


It has a cereal bar consistency. The flavour was orangey without being too overpowering. The chocolate drizzled over the top could be tasted as well.


It's not a Jaffa Cake, and I don't know why they couldn't call it an orange flavoured cereal bar. It seems a bit odd to describe this using the name of a completely different product. However, the marketing worked enough for me to buy a pack and try them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment