Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The highest Christology you'll read today

Occasionally people accuse me of being a bit 'liberal' in my theology. But the truth is I'm not. I have a very high Christology, which is ironic because I much favour the Antiochene school of thought among the Church Fathers over the Alexandrian school (although I will testify The Incarnation by Athanasius is immense). If you know what I'm talking about, then kudos to you. If not, never mind... (but do read on)

I was asked to do a talk to the youth about putting Jesus at the centre of our lives and I decided to deliberately go high and try to blow their minds. Because when people did that to me at an impressionable age I got the bug to fathom the unfathomable and do theology.

Here's what I said (as posted on freelance theology). It's pretty much all Scripture. And I'd challenge any label-applying 'conservative' to tell me what's 'liberal' about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment