Saturday, June 25, 2022

Snack of the Month - Nudie Snacks Cauliflower Crisps

Cathy spotted these in a shop and suggested I get them as a snack for the blog. It was only when I looked at the receipt afterwards that I realised how expensive they were. I kind of hoped they would be worth it. Also, "Nudie Snacks" sounds like something that wouldn't be suitable for work, but these are perfectly safe in that regard. 


With them being made from "fresh cauliflower" (it never crossed my mind that they would be made from any other kind of cauliflower) I thought they might be a lower carb option to regular crisps. However, a quick glance at the back proved they weren't particularly low on the carb front. The fat content was a little bit higher than I expected as well. 


The bag was a bit big for a random snack so I waited until we had a movie lined up to watch (Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, since you ask), and then I opened them. They look a lot like lentil chips or similar snacks rather than crisps.


The crisps were cheese and caramelised onion flavour. They smelled sort of cauliflowery, but didn't taste particularly of cauliflower. Cathy thought they were very cheesy, but not in a bad way. There was also a slight sweetness to them, although that might have been from the beer I was drinking while munching. 


As a snack they were munchably moreish and didn't last long into the movie. I quite liked the taste and they had a pleasing crunch without being too hard. However, at about £2 a bag, they're a bit too expensive for everyday snacking purposes and I probably won't be buying them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment