Sunday, October 12, 2008

Checking in or checking out?

About two months ago I did some freelance writing for a friend who works in the NHS. He said 'send the invoice to this guy' and I did and thought nothing more of it.

Thursday I picked up Cath on the way home from work and when we got home she picked up the post that had come while we were out.

"What's this?" she asked, as she handed me an official looking letter franked from Velindre Hospital (for those outside Cardiff that's the cancer hospital) "Is everything okay?"

I opened it up. "It's a cheque," I say.

"A check for what?"

I showed her the cheque, which made her even more confused. "Why are a hospital sending you money?" Then I remembered the thing I'd written and the invoice I sent off and suddenly it all made sense.

How we chuckled.

No comments:

Post a Comment