Friday, November 07, 2008

Dashboard Dalek

My friend Matt has given me a car air freshener in the shape of a Dalek (apparently because his wife didn't like the smell). So now I have a little Dalek on my dashboard, who swings left and right depending on whether I'm going round a corner*.

The only drawback is that he is a bit smelly. I had to apologise to my car-pool companion the other day for the overwhelming 'fresh' scent when we got in the car to go home. Cathy has also remarked that "Daleks smell much fruitier than you'd have thought they would..."

*And, mysteriously, he sometimes just moves round eerily slowly when I'm stationary at a traffic light... Not quite sure what's happening there.

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing T.V. doesn't convey. The truth is that Daleks are the lemon fresh enemy, Cybermen smell of mint and the Oood can only be described as having 'Peaches and cream aromas swirling around the tangerine/citrus core with distinct lichee-nut character and just a whiff of herbs that add interest.'

    ReplyDelete