Thursday, October 26, 2023

Disneyland train delays

I was just about to get on the Disneyland train, for a leisurely trip around the park, when the attendant stopped me. "We have a problem with the train," he said.

Cue a group of engineers and maintenance guys gathering on the platform trying to work out what was wrong. 


However, the worst thing about the delay was that I was there without any of the other members of my party. And there were no other people from the UK near me in the queue. I was just about to make a joke about 'leaves on the line' when I realised the French, German and Spanish families near me probably wouldn't get the reference!

Eventually we got moving and I got to see Disneyland from the train. It gives an odd view of the park. My dad once said that travelling by train meant you saw "the backside of cities" and, it seems, the same was true on this train ride.



I liked the view of Thunder Mesa, home of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, though. It seemed to lean and loom more from this angle. 


There are a couple of 'vignettes' that are only visible from the train. There was a trope of abandoned vehicles...



Frontierland station was the only other station open besides Main Street. 


Discoveryland station looked eerily deserted as we choo-chooed through. 


And then I was back at Main Street again. My train photography skills were as bad and uninspiring as on the regular railways.

No comments:

Post a Comment