Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Disneyland Paris

For the first time in seven years, Cathy and I left the country on holiday. We went to visit the most magical of lands... Disneyland! We took over 1,400 photos. Here are a handful for your enjoyment.


Because it was nearly Hallowe'en, Disneyland was decorated in autumnal and Hallowe'en decorations. There were pumpkins everywhere!



We saw all the big stars including Mickey and Minnie...


...Donald...


...and Daisy (in the Hallowe'en Parade)


Minnie was also in the Hallowe'en Parade with a giant horn of plenty symbolising harvest.


We went with my sister, Sarah, brother-in-law, Dan, and their three kids, Iona, Jura and Finlay. We mixed and matched going on various rides together. Finlay joined me on the Mad Hatter's Teacups.


My favourite ride was the Thunder Mountain Railroad. I liked it so much I literally bought the t-shirt. In the evening I got what I think is a great photo of it, all lit up.


Other rides I enjoyed included Star Tours (well, naturally...), the Ratatouille ride and the Cars Road Trip. And, of course, It's a Small World!


There were some Welsh representatives in the visit to all the cultures around the globe, but I didn't get a good photo of the little Welsh people. However, it's not just humans depicted on the ride - there's animals too!


The main Parade attracted a big throng of people. Cathy got a kerbside view and took some great pictures.




There were also plenty of other places to take selfies and other funny photos.



We had a bit of rain one afternoon we were there, but our final morning was bright and sunny again. The last ride I went on was the classic carousel.


And then, sadly, it was time for us to go. We left the castle behind, looking stunning in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment