Monday, May 08, 2023

Recap of the Month - April 2023

It's getting hard to keep up with these as the months are flying past. We are already in May. (I missed the chance to mark Star Wars Day with a blog post this year -  my review of The Mandalorian season 3 will have to be on a random date instead!)

Random selfie of the month - with a Lego dinosaur

I've already blogged how April started with us having a week on holiday in Worcestershire, including a day out on the Severn Valley Railway on my birthday, and discovering battered chips! 

After that I was pitched straight back into work, although I have some big news on that front. In the middle of the month I had a second interview to take up a role with Diabetes UK. I was offered the post and am now working through my notice at my current employer. 

It will be interesting for me to go back into the world of diabetes, it's a communications role so I will be going back to that focus as well, and it's also back into the Third Sector. As I've said to a few people, after 13 years in the NHS I was beginning to think I was in it for life! 

The rest of April, inbetween holidays, work and job interviews, was spent mainly at football matches. I saw Barry Town win two cup finals. They won the wonderfully named Welsh Blood Service League Cup (Southern) on Easter Monday with a victory over Briton Ferry Llansawel, held at Ynys Park in Trefelin. 


Then at the very end of April they beat Colwyn Bay in the Welsh Blood Service League Cup National Final at Newtown. 


I went to the second final with Zac, who enjoyed seeing his first Barry Town goal and his first Barry Town missed penalty, as Barry romped to a 6-0 win. Most of the Colwyn Bay first team squad were off on a stag do in Portugal and the club had to send it's development team out to play the final. They did their best but it was literally men against boys. 



I saw all three trophy lifts for Barry as they were presented with the Cymru South trophy after their game against Afan Lido, a game which Barry won 8-3 with a selection of great goals scored by both sides. 


This makes April 2023 the most trophy-packed month of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment