Monday, August 24, 2026

My first philatelic passport from Japan

My fifth addition to my collection of philatelic passports, and my first from Japan, arrived in the post today. It's in absolutely pristine condition, considering it's 35 years old. I love the bright red cover.


The opening pages show you how to use the passport and the original owner followed the instructions!


Inside there is a unique collection of stamps from around the world. Here are some that caught my eye, including this graphic depiction of an atrocity commemorated on a stamp by Iran.


Mauritius paid tribute to the tragic dodo with a whimsical cartoon stamp and a commemorative cancellation postmark. 


Meanwhile, the USA post office was already in the Christmas spirit (in November!) and Santa Claus was in their special postmark.


I really enjoy collecting these passports. They are quirky and I never know exactly what I will find inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment