Saturday, March 25, 2023

Snacks of the Month - delicious dill and disappointing "delights"

I bought these crisps in a pub. They are amazing!


There's no pictures of the crisps because they look like crisps. And also I ate them. They had a real spicy tasty kick. Probably my best crisp discovery since finding out Rib'n'Saucy Nik Naks are sold in six packs.

At the other extreme of the snacking continuum, Cathy picked me up these to try.


I used to be quite partial to a Fry's Turkish Delight. And these were cherry flavour, and generally I like cherry flavour. (I still grieve the loss of cherry Tango from the soft drink pantheon.)

The seven bars in the packet were individually wrapped.


This next picture has my finger in to give a sense of scale. The chocolate enrobing the Turkish Delight was very thin.


These were unpleasantly sweet. The milk chocolate didn't work with the cherry flavour at all and not enough flavouring was added to the Turkish Delight to counteract the sweetness. The overall effect was pretty horrid and left me very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment