Thursday, February 09, 2023

Snack of the Month - return to the biscuit zoo

Back in December, I posted about Leibniz Zoo animal shaped biscuits as my Snack of the Month. Since then I've eaten some more biscuit animals...

First up, Dream Animals by Ginbis, a brand I have only ever seen in Home Bargains.


I had high hopes from the packaging. The cartoon animals looked cute although the blobby looking biscuits in the background looked less promising.


The foil packet inside the box also had cute animals on. 


But the biscuits themselves were so poorly defined they all had to be labelled to help you work out what they were meant to be. I think "M.DUCK" stands for mallard duck, but it gave me an unfortunate Hanson earworm. 


Taste-wise these 'butter biscuits' tasted buttery and weren't too sweet. They also had a smidgeon of salt on them, which offset the sweetness. But overall they weren't as nice as the Leibniz animals. 

As a nice touch, though, the back of the box was educational.

Did you know the German word for hippo was nilpferd? I didn't.

I fared better with another Home Bargains purchase, Koala March biscuits made by Lotte. The box is bilingual.



The koala shaped biscuits inside have different characters printed on them. The foil inner sleeve is cute too. 


The biscuits had a chocolate filling. The biscuit was crunchy and the filling had a nice chocolate taste. It was a very sweet combination. No weird saltiness here!


To add to the excitement, there is also a 'message card' included.


The mystery message card in this box was of Fluffy the astronaut koala.

I'm afraid the message for Fluffy was that he (or she?) was getting recycled along with the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment