Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Snack(s) of the Month - Rootles & Crackzels

A few snacks this month. Starting off with some biscuits that are probably less healthy than they look. They are called 'Rootles' and are made with root vegetables. These were reduced in the supermarket so I thought I would give them a try.

There were two types available, so I bought both packets. One was made with carrots and the other was made with beetroot.



There are three biscuits in each packet.



They had an odd consistency, with the biscuit being slightly gritty. Cathy said they reminded her of Grape Nuts breakfast cereal. The chocolate coating was thin and brought a bit more sweetness to the biscuits. 

The vegetables give the colour of the biscuit a slight tinge. I couldn't really taste the vegetables so if you aren't keen on the taste of vegetables, don't worry, you'll be fine. 


Cathy bought me the other snack I'm blogging about this month. I have tried a few different types of pretzel snack like this and have no hesitation saying these are the best.


The pretzel pieces are crunchy and the jalapeno flavouring is quite powerful, with a warm spicy kick that lingers. 

There is a decent amount in the packet, which means a packet will last a length of time if settling in for the evening on the sofa. (I tested this.)


The pretzel pieces were very munchable, and given the choice between Crackzels and Rootles, it would be Crackzels again for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment