Saturday, August 11, 2012

Turns out I'm really going to miss the Olympics

I must admit I was a bit of a grouch about the Olympics in the run up. All the hype was getting to me. But somehow I have become transfixed by it all. From the opening ceremony, which had so many brilliant moments in, through to watching Olympic football matches in our local world-class stadium, through to night after night watching highlights of success in sports I didn't even know existed.

For me, this may be my favourite photo from London 2012. Mo Farah and Usain Bolt saluting each other as only true sporting legends can.


Real life beckons and I am really going to miss the excitement, the novelty and the all-round cheerfulness of the Olympics. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. It's not over though!

    The whole point of the Olympics is the legacy that it leaves. Think of the facilities, coaches and Sports Clubs which will benefit from the influx of funding that is now available in this country to get people to sustain their excitement about Sport by being apart of it themselves.

    Of course, the Olympic Games itself is over, but I really believe the impact it will have over the next decade in this country will be a massive boost in all areas of begin British

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete