Friday, January 15, 2010

Ha ha, Liverpool assumed too much!

I actually caught the last few minutes of the FA Cup replay between Reading and Liverpool this week, and held my breath as Reading held on for an "historic" win at Anfield for the first time ever. I don't know when we started calling such events "historic" but it's become the de rigueur thing to do.

Anyway, it was a great win for Reading. And then today I got the weekly email from When Saturday Comes and, boy, did I laugh when it reported this:

"With online and automated purchases the days of queuing up outside ticket offices are long gone. So well done to Liverpool for organising their FA Cup fourth round tie so promptly. This message was sent out before Wednesday's home defeat against Reading:
As a valued member of the Auto Cup Scheme, we'd like to confirm details for the following FA Cup match:

FA Cup
Liverpool v Burnley (4th Round)
Saturday 23rd January 2010. Kick Off: 12.45pm
The Ticket Office will begin taking payments for the above game from Thursday 14th January.
Ha ha ha! My buddy Matt always say that 'when you assume you make an ass out of u and me'. I bet someone at Liverpool FC feels a proper plonker now!

If you like football and you don't get the WSC Howl from When Saturday Comes, then really you should. It's free and frequently hilarious. Sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment