Friday, August 19, 2011

All or Nothing

I've been looking through the archives and found this poem I wrote in January 2009, which kind of meshes with a lot of things I've been thinking recently.

All or nothing


We may get it wrong
As we travel along
And stamp on the brakes
If we make mistakes

We may get it right
To our utter delight
But we’ll have to move fast
Or the feeling won’t last

We may hear the words
And think they’re absurd
Or apply them in detail
And somehow still fail

Do we miss the point
As we sit in the joint
Our prison, our minds
As we numb our behinds?

At the end of the day
We aren’t what we say
What’s really true
Is that we are what we do.

1 comment:

  1. I got to say, I write poetry and this is very well written, im actually jealous! I am a musician who writes poetry on hard times and when I am in the mood to but your just good man. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete